Monday 1 March 2010

Xpages not loading on Server, JVM errors

Finally last night I decided that it was time to upgrade our existing 7.02 server to 8.5.1 as I want to make use of xpages in our web applications. So I backed up the 7.02 directories and did an install of 8.5.1 over the existing directories.

This seemed to work ok, the server booted up OK after, was showing as 8.5.1 on console and all the expected tasks such as xsp etc... loaded on server start. The only problem is that the server will not serve up an xpages to the browser, all I get is an "HTTP error 500" in the browser and a "http jvm: severe: clfad####e: error in the notes log".

I've tried the 8.5 discussion database, a brand new database with a single xpage and just a label and field and neither will load. All preview OK from the client.

I have tried to re-install after deleting the jvm directory so it was recreated, still no joy. I have signed the databases with the server ID and that did not work. Regular http pages are server, i.e. forms, views, pages etc...

So I have an 8.5 server that won't load the very things I need to be using!

Any ideas, is there something else I need to have configured? Do you need to have an internet site document for xpages to work? I noticed in the server document there is nowhere to map javascript directories but there is in the web documents.

1 comment:

  1. I have finally tracked down the problem... will add to a new blog post.

    ReplyDelete